Friday, February 13, 2009

Product Love

I recently did a fun test shoot with one of my favorite photographers (who also happens to be a good friend) Courtney Dailey. It was a really quick and laid back shoot and I got to test out a couple of new products and and re-discovered an old favorite.



For this look my main focus was on the skin and lip and I am now *in love* with NARS lipstick in Captiva
PhotobucketPhotobucket


I also used Make Up Forever 's Shine On Compact Powder to give the skin a nice glow
Photobucket




For this look, I wanted a smoldering and smoky eye. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try out my new Urban Decay Potion Primer in Sin. My thoughts? Wow! It is the same Primer Potion we have come to love, now with a nice shimmery champagne color base to work with. *swoon*

One of the things I abhor about working with loose pigments is the fallout. (Well, with my shadow shields that's not much of an issue anymore but I hate carrying those pesky pigments around!) so using something that eliminates a step is a huge plus in my book.

Photobucket

I also have to just comment on how much I love my Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in #004 (matte black). It is just a rich, deep, highly pigmented matte black. *love*

Photobucket

For those who know me, I am a huge brow person. I adore brows. So I just have to mention that my favorite brow powders ever are made by YABY cosmetics (thank you for creating such an awesome product / line Liz!) and I used bp004 for Mariel's brows
Photobucket
The shoot also reunited me with an old flame. I fell back in love with what is now a permanent fixture in my kit, NARS lipgloss in Chelsea Girls. How did I ever stop using it? I guess paring down my kit to the very basics has brought out only the best in my vast cosmetic inventory :)
PhotobucketPhotobucket


*phew* so those are the newest additions/loves of my kit. I wonder what fabulous new product(s) will catch my wandering eye next...

No comments:

Post a Comment