Thursday, February 26, 2009

On Set

So lately I have been doing more and more commercials. On average, it comes out to about one per week (and I am SO not complaining!). Once the hair and makeup is done, there is quite a bit of downtime in between powdering a shiny nose or fixing that rogue hair. Because of the massive amounts of downtime, I took a tip from one of my fellow artist friends and started taking "behind the scene" shots. Here are a few from the past couple of commercials for Superior Grocery Stores.


And what are some of the products that make my life a little easier on set?
Cinema Secrets Light Touch Powder in Soft Custard. A universally flattering shade for anyone, this super soft powder soaks up any oil and gives a matte, almost airbrushed apperance.


Graftobian Setting Spray. After the initial makeup look is completed, I spray a fine mist of this all over the face so the makeup doesn't smear or smudge and helps to prevent the talent from sweating their makeup off. Definitely makes my life easier!

I'll actually be shooting another commercial Thursday so if anything out of the ordinary happens, I will definitely post it here. Tomorrow I will review some new makeup finds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment