Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Summer Days and Nights

I know I promised a round-up of Day 2 of the LA Makeup Show, but I decided to leave that until tomorrow and post about Summer Rayne Oakes today...since I mentioned her first a week or so ago.

As I had blogged, I was attending the launch of Summer Rayne Oakes book "Style, Naturally" and she also asked me to do her hair and makeup for the event.

It was a beautiful day in Venica, CA when I arrived at the house of her friend she was staying at. It was such a lovely sunny day that we decided to soak in some rays and do her hair and makeup outside. It was definitely a good call!

Summer Rayne's dress was a beautiful black cocktail dress that had a very archetictural structure to the front and we really wanted echo that in the hair. Whatever style I decided on, she had one request: Beachy waves! So I decided to bring the front of her hair up and over to one side, and had a couple of levels of height in the front that ended in a cascade of waves.

For her makeup, we decided a smoky look would be best since it was an evening event and she is a pretty natural girl normally. Breaking away from that and going glam was definitely a change!

After I brushed and teased and pinned and sprayed and adjusted and sprayed some more, and blended and curled and added more shadow and then blended and couple of more times, she was ready. She looked and herself and loved it. I was so happy with the way the look came out and complimented not only her naturally gorgeous features, but the style of her dress and shoes.

Here are some pictures from the event:




Now for the product round-up! To get Summer Rayne's look, here are the products I used:

Photobucket
I airbrushed two coats of foundation using Temptu S/B Foundation

Photobucket

I then set the foundation with Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder

Photobucket

I gave Summer Rayne's beautiful cheeks a peachy glow with Tarte's Powder Blush in Flip Flop. Unfortunately these babies are discontinued, but you can still get them on Tarte's website under "memory lane".

Photobucket

To highlight her face, I also used Make Up For Ever's pressed Shine On Powder
Photobucket

I always prime the lids with my favorite Primer Potion by Urban Decay

Photobucket

I couldn't do without my pearl paints! Summer saw my palette and immediately exclaimed "Oooh! I love those colors! Let's use those".

Photobucket

I also used Yaby brow powder on her lovely arches.
Photobucket

I *love* these Aqua Liners by Make Up Forever. For Summer's look I stuck with basic Black.

Photobucket

And last but not least, I fnished the look with two coats of Bourjois Say Oui! To Volum Mascara.

I had such a blast working with Summer, and I hope to have to opportunity to do so again!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment