Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Downtown Los Angeles Fashion Week

Hello all!

I'm sorry for the lag in posts (again!), it's just been a busy month! Last night I had the pleasure to work with some great people (hair, makeup and models!) on the fashion shows for Downtown Los Angeles Fashion Week.

My favorite designer of the night was Louis Verdad and his Spring/Summer 2010 Louver Collection. I loved soo many pieces! All the models in his show were all African-American women that ranged in skin color and the effect was so stunning. Verdad was inspired by the "Black Out" issue of Vogue and his show started with images of strong, influential African-American women. I also have one from the "Emerging Artists" show, designer Krys N' Jack.

While I did makeup for four models, it seems the cameras loved one in particular! So I have posted a couple of pictures of them. Don't you just love the navy blue dress? If you want to check out some images of the gorgeous outfits, you can do a google image search or log onto wire image, Getty Images or Life Images to sneak a peek.

I was also supposed to be working today, but it started raining yesterday and I even though I had an umbrella my feet got wet and I had to drive home that way, and I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and slight chills. So I had to bow out for tonight.

I hope I will be able to blog a little more frequently as some great projects are in the works :)






No comments:

Post a Comment